Translate


Monday, July 27, 2015

Bobby Jindal Speaks Out on Radical Islam


Image result for bobby jindal



Of all the contenders for the Republican nomination, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal comes closest to addressing the Islamic problem. Below is what he wrote for Conservative Review.


https://www.conservativereview.com/Commentary/2015/07/it-is-time-to-stop-pretending-on-radical-islam

As I said, Jindal comes closest in his description of the problem. He mentions keeping Muslims who don't value our freedoms and law from immigrating. That is good. He demands that Muslims do more to confront the problem. That is good.

Where I might disagree is in his insistence in using the term "Radical Islam". I have used it myself, and in a sense, we are all groping for the right term. I have come to the conclusion, however, that fundamentalist Islam is probably the most accurate, which literally means that radical is not the right term. The true Islam, in my view is that being practiced by the jihadists, who are following the example of Mohammad in his Medina period. At that point in time up to his death, he was spreading Islam at the point of a sword.

Why should we have to roll the dice and try to sort out the decent Muslims from the murders and haters of non-Muslims?

I am still in the process of deciding which of the Republican candidates looks the best to me, which also includes who is most capable of beating Hillary Clinton. Right now, I am taking a closer look at Bobby Jindal.

No comments: