Translate


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Animals Being Slaughtered on French City Streets

Hat tip Gallia Watch and Riposte Laique




The French public is in an uproar because  the Islamic holiday Eid al Adha has just concluded in France (October 26-28), and the slaughterhouses cannot provide enough Halal meat for its Muslim population.  Celebration of this holiday involves ritual (Halal) slaughter of animals for consumption.  The result is that animals were literally being slaughtered in ritual style on the streets of French cities. The original video is from Riposte Laique. There are several graphic images.

http://galliawatch.blogspot.com/2012/10/more-scenes-of-barbarity.html#links

5 comments:

Gary Fouse said...

Siarlys,

No matter who does it, I think (as a meat eater) that animals should be killed humanely and after having lived a reasonably long time. In addition, it should not be done on public streets.

Anonymous said...

Strange.

About a year ago I wrote a post about Jews slaughtering chickens on the streets of New York City to celebrate their holiday of Yom Kippur. I even provided a link for a Youtube video showing the slaughter.

Gary did not allow my post to go through and labeled me as a "bigot".

Gary are you more concerned about Muslims slaughtering animals in France (for food) or Jews slaughtering animals in America (to cleanse their sins)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x60G4Zs8J4g

Anonymous 703 said...

Gonna have to back Gary up on this one. I think that the issue is the thing where they're doing it on public streets. I wouldn't want Muslims, Jews, or Wiccans to do that.

Gary Fouse said...

Anonymous,

Maybe it was the language you used about Jews that I found objectionable-language I did not use about Muslims in this post. As I said, I think animals should be killed humanely for consumption no matter who is doing it. Either we have laws against mistreatment of animals or we don't.

Siarlys Jenkins said...

The slaughter would have to be done by Halal methods, which are close enough to kosher that Muslims buy from kosher stores if they can't find Halal.

I don't know that doing this on the streets is per se offensive, particularly in the middle of a festival, but I hope they do a thorough job of cleaning up.