Translate


Monday, September 15, 2008

Quotes for the Ages-Rosie O'Donnell


Rosie's worldview (which really gives one pause)


I don't know how much longer I can hold out against the tide. This weekend, Rosie O'Donnell joined the long chorus of America's "intellectual elite" in putting down Sarah Palin. Not only that, Rosie killed two birds with one stone in lumping Palin together with former "The View" colleague, Elizabeth Hasselbeck (the only sensible person on the show). Behold the lyrical prose contained in Rosie's Blog:


"sarah p - elisabeth h
identical cousins
women who hunt in high heels
gives one pause"

In "pouring over" Rosie's blog and its "archives", this seems to be a typical entry. It's like reading coded messages in a spy novel.

Maybe it should read like this:

"pause one gives
heels high in hunt who women
cousins identical
h elizabeth-p sarah"

...which translated means, "the secret to the atom bomb will be hidden under a rock in Central Park-200 meters west of the dead squirrel."

8 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Rosie O'Donnel is intellectual elite? Since when?

The word "elite" once used to mean "the best". Funny how it's become an insult in the hands of conservatives.

Anonymous said...

She's an intellectual? That's weird, I thought she was an entertainer...

Being an intellectual isn't a bad thing. I know conservatives love to spread the idea that being intelligent makes you an out of touch elitist though.

Gary Fouse said...

Hey Lance and Bryan,

Lighten up, pals. What's wrong with a little sarcastic humor at Rosie's expense? Isn't she supposed to be a comedienne of sorts herself?

You guys should hook up. Lance, meet Bryan. Bryan, meet Lance.

Unknown said...

This is hillarious, did you intentionally mean to sound like Yoda. In this post.

Rosie
more food eat not you should
jokes bad tell you
fun are you not!


Fouse, continue to use the force brother!

Lance Christian Johnson said...

No way, he's from Berkeley - you know what those people are like. (Actually, Berkeley is about a half hour from Martinez.)

I'm not against you making fun of Rosie. In all honesty, I can't stand her, and I wish that she wouldn't take my side on various issues as she makes my side look dumb.

Still - Pamela Anderson, now Rosie O'Donnel? You sure like the easy targets, eh? What's next, using a sawed-off shotgun on a caged snail?

Gary Fouse said...

Lance,

I dunno, how about Alec Baldwin?

He's a real dope.

Gary Fouse said...

Faithful Remnant,

I must confess, I had no idea who Yoda was, so I had to google him. (As you can tell by now, I never watched Star Wars.)

Apparently, (according to Wikipedia), Yoda speaks in sentences using object, subject, verb word order-or something like that. I merely reversed the order of words in Rosie's entry.

Gary Fouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.