Translate


Friday, August 22, 2008

Let's Play "Name That Home"


"Which home are we going to, Dad?"
"Dunno, kids. Still waiting for my staff to get back to me."


In the interest of always being "fair and balanced", how many homes does John McCain own?

a one
b two
c seven
d unknown-we are still waiting for his staff to get back to us.

Boy, was that a terrible answer. When asked by Politico.com on Wednesday how many homes he owns, McCain stumbled around a'la Barack Obama and said that he would have to consult his staff and get back with an answer.

Huh?

How about this for an answer: "We own seven homes. I come from a wealthy family and Cindy comes from an even wealthier family. We are well off, and I am not going to apologize for it. There is no disgrace in being rich as long as you didn't steal it."

How easy was that? McCain should fire his staff and hire me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could try and argue that McCain owning seven homes is wrong from a Christian perspective, but I won't go there.

What I will say is that his answer was terrible, but even if he had said seven, it still would have been bad. See, it just makes him look really out of touch with the general public when he is so wealthy and then says that the economy is strong right now.

Not that Obama is exactly a man of the people in that regard, either.

Gary Fouse said...

No, and Obama should not dwell on the home issue since his own home in Chicago is the subject of controversy. You do know who Tony Rezko is, don't you?