Translate


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Defense of Lionheart










Which is more dangerous to the UK?


Several of us bloggers have been following the story of British blogger Lionheart. (Lionheart is the name of the blog and the pseudonym of the blogger.) You can find a link to Lionheart on this blog under the heading "Our real European allies".

While Lionheart writes about several topics, his main topic is the threat of radical Islam in the UK. Make no mistake, the UK has a serious threat. From the London bombings to the radical mosques and the open threats of violence towards anyone who criticizes Islam, there is a serious problem in the UK.

Unfortunately, most of the British institutions seem unwilling and/or afraid to stand up to the outrages. The order of the day is political correctness and accommodation to Muslims no matter how radical they may be.

Not so Lionheart. He calls a spade and spade. For that, he is the object of death threats. That would be bad enough, but it gets worse. In addition to the death threats, Lionheart is now the object of British prosecution-for "stirring up racial hatred", a vague charge that is covered in sections 18(1) and 27(3) of the 1986 Public Order Act.

How disgraceful of the British authorities. How ironic that Muslims can congregate in the mosques and on street corners threatening death, beheading, butchering, and massacring of anyone who "defames Islam" and that is just fine.

But let a British blogger call it what it is, and the authorities want to put him in jail-to placate the Muslim extremists.

People like Lionheart need the support of everyone, just as Muslims who speak out against terror and hate need our support. Of course, our American concepts of freedom of speech don't apply in Britain. Yet, the UK is supposed to be one of the world's free nations. It strikes this American as outrageous that a person can be prosecuted in a supposedly free country for saying what is obvious to all.

I suggest that my readers follow the case of Lionheart and its implications for freedom of speech and the West's resolve to stand up to radical Islamic intimidation.

11 comments:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I support his right to express himself, and I do believe that he brings up some good points.

However, that doesn't mean that the notion of him spreading fear and hatred isn't a good one. Once again, I point to the cartoon he has of the Muslim woman with the fuse coming out of her obviously pregnant belly. Try and defend that as anything other than a hateful, racist image.

Are people like him as dangerous as the radical Muslims? Probably not. Still, something about that blog of his makes me uncomfortable, and to abuse a cliche - two wrongs don't make a right.

Oh, and I'm going out of town, so you'll have to debate your new hecklers for the next few days. Admit it, they're not as funny as me.

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Oh, and I'm sorry, naming yourself after a crusader and putting a quote from the Book of Revelation is straight out of Kooky-Town. And then he talks about the 700 Club reporting the truth?

Yeah, he's got some good points, but you know what they say about broken clocks. I don't know how you can defend this guy.

Lionheart said...

Thanks for the support Gary.

God bless

Anonymous said...

Yes, but this Paul Ray character hasn't actually been prosecuted, just warned that he might be if he doesn't moderate his language a bit.
If you read all his blog you will see that ranting about Muslims is only one of his themes. Another is his worship of Prince William; he believes that this boy is the anointed of God, descended from King David and will save Western civilisation, or something.
I wouldn't take him too seriously if I were you.

Gary Fouse said...

As for the questionable cartoon, I believe the point is that Europe will be overtaken by Muslims demographically in the next couple of generations. One doesn't have to be a racist to view that with alarm given the growth of violent, extreme Islam today.

And wherever you are going, have fun.

Gary Fouse said...

I don't know about the 700 Club. I have said before, I am no fan of Pat Robertson.

C'mon, Lance. They are trying to put him in jail. Of course, I defend him. If I were in the UK, they would probably be trying to put me in jail for some of the things I have written about fanatical Muslims in the UK. More people need to stand up to these crazies.

Gary Fouse said...

Dan,

There may well be many things that Lionheart says that I disagree with. I am not aware of the Prince William stuff and would not agree with that. (Thank God it isn't Prince Charles.)

I just think the main point is that the prospect of putting him in jail is outrageous. Would they put us in jail for things that we have said about the threat of Islamic extremism?

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Hey Gary,

I understand the point of the cartoon. That doesn't mean that it isn't racist and hateful. It reminds me of the anti-Japanese propaganda of WWII - where the point was for us to work hard to defeat Imperial Japan, but they were racist nonetheless.

And I like how you say that you "disagree" with the whole Prince William stuff. You simply disagree with it? It's not that you find it to be batsh** crazy? Because, that's the appropriate response to that.

I agree with you 100% that he doesn't deserve to be arrested. There's no way in hell I'd link my blog to his though.

Gary Fouse said...

The anti-Japanese caracatures, seen in today's light, I would agree were racist.

I am just guessing here, because I have not read the blog in great detail, but he has expressed disappointment with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles. Perhaps he looks to Prince William as one who will "reform" the crown, if you will.

I choose to link to his site because he may get thrown in jail for "disrespecting Islam" or whatever they call it. For that, he and every other voice in Europe needs all the support they can get.

(You weren't gone long.)

Lance Christian Johnson said...

Oh, I'll be gone for almost a whole week. This time, it was just a few days. Don't start to think that you're right about stuff just because you don't have me to nip at your heels though.

Heh. : )

Gary Fouse said...

Perish the thought.