Translate


Sunday, May 20, 2007

New links


After much work figuring how to set up links, I have succeeded in setting up two links to subjects in which I am interested. One is a website for the Papiamentu creole language of Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire. I have studied Papiamentu and written a history of the language (The Story of Papiamentu- A Study in Slavery and Language (University Press of America, 2002) The other is for the German town of Erlangen, a university town near Nuremberg and co-hqs of the Siemens Corp. Erlangen is special to me because it is where I spent almost 3 years in the 1960s as a young US Army MP. I have been back many times, and in 2005, published a book on the history of the city, the first non-German language history written as far as I know.
(Erlangen-an american's history of a german town, University Press of America, 2005).

I hope you find them of interest.

No comments: